June 12, 2017

In the Honor of the Snatcher

"I see you took an immediate liking to him."

"To whom?"

"To him. The guy you came across at the exhibition last month."

"What makes you say that?"

"How many times have you opened his page since your encounter that day?"

"I open his page every once in a while."

"That didn't answer my question. And by once in a while, you mean once every two or three days, so it makes you have opened his page like.. 10 to 15 times already."

She laughed. A faint blush was slowly become visible on her cheeks. I couldn't help but smirk.

"Does opening his page tell you something?"

"His works are there. His works tell me something."

"That he's eligible?"

"More like that either he really is an intelligent human being, which makes him sort of eligible in a way, or he's simply mastered the art of personal branding."

It was my turn to laugh. "You really are good with words."

"Right?"

"You know, you seem happy for someone who does nothing."

"Do I?"

"You do."

"Well.." she rested her chin on her palm, pondering. "I know this isn't going anywhere, but I do feel happy. Grateful, even. He gives me some kind of new energy to go on. To achieve higher, and to also stand in his league. I'm happy that he had effortlessly made me look at him then feel this way. And that's more than enough for me."

I looked at her in disbelief and awe. But then I found myself smiling.

"I wish you all the happiness in this world."

"And I shall wish you the same."

"Don't you want to do something?"

"Something like what?"

"Something like.. things, that set you in motion."

She gave me another laugh. This time, it was a rather calm, peaceful laugh with a spark of both optimism and surrender.

"Time will be the one who does things for me."

1 comment

Unknown said...

I love this post, Kak. 😍

© La Valse des Mots
Maira Gall